I think we all have periods of time where we are more tired than usual. Especially this time of year when there is less sunlight our energy level is usually lower. The question is whether it is due to something temporary or logical or whether something is off that needs your attention.
Obvious reasons for being very tired are:
- lack of sleep
- a peak in work activities or continued stress
- emotional upheaval
- physical illness
- the season (fall or winter)
I know from experience what it is like to have very little energy. Both due to physical factors as well as from working too hard, and also because I am very sensitive. I’ve had years where I needed to take a nap in the afternoon to get through the day. So I learned to recognize the signs when you really need to start managing your energy because it is simply leaking away (and not due to a temporary situation).
These are the 7 most common signs that you need to start managing your energy:
- After working with a client or meeting with someone you are tired and/or easily irritated
- At the end of the day or week you often experience a headache
- Your To Do list is always bigger than what you have energy (or time) for
- You experience mood swings and can get angry for no apparent reason
- You can name several people or situations that drain you
- You notice that you are forgetting things, especially your short-term memory seems to disfunction
- You find it hard to stay focused
If any of these signs sound familiar it means that you are losing energy that you don’t need to lose.
There are ways to manage it so you can have both the time and energy to enjoy your personal life.
I discovered the hard way that it is important to learn to control your energy AND that it also possible! I have developed my own unique system on managing my energy and I wrote a book about it:
If you recognized one or more of the signs listed above then I highly recommend you check out this book.
PS Do you know anyone who could use more energy? Send them this article so they can benefit from the insights as well 😉